Already have a Username/Password for Networks: An On-Line Journal for Teacher Research?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
We plan to have four sections of the journal. When submitting a contribution, please indicate the section for which your submission is intended.
- full-length articles (normally 2,000-3,500 words). These will typically report a completed investigation or offer a critical review of a number of investigations that share a common theme or topic.
- shorter articles and notes (about 300-750 words). These might describe work in progress, raise issues arising from such work, or discuss general issues related to methodologies, ethics, collaboration, etc.
- book reviews (about 750-1000 words). These will typically provide a sense of the main arguments and presentation style of the author. In addition, reviews will take the perspective of a critical friend in terms of the author's assumptions, arguments and evidence, drawing, where possible, on other work on the same topic or issue.
- resources for teacher-research. These notices will keep teacher-researchers informed of upcoming events, opportunities, and resources.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word (.doc) document file format.
- All URL addresses in the text (e.g., http://pkp.sfu.ca) are activated and ready to click.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end. Footnotes to the text should be avoided.
- Text is in English. The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements of APA format using the 6th edition.
- All submissions have had all authors' names removed. If an author is cited, "Author" and year are used in the bibliography instead of author's name, paper title, etc. The author's name has also been removed from the document's Properties, which in Microsoft Word is found in the File menu.
- Abstracts of 150 words are required for all articles.
- Author confirms compliance to ethical and professional conduct in research and has obtained any necessary formal and documented ethical approval (ie. institutional review board (IRB) or ethical review board (ERB); including informed consent). Please state this in the Comments to the Editor when submitting.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.